Every Fashionista knows Spring and Summer are the seasons of florals, brighter hues like tangy lime green and pastels. However this does not mean you have to ditch every piece of black clothing from your wardrobe until cooler months greet us again. Black is a universally flattering color for all skin tones and body sizes. It is classy, and the most versatile color to wear all year long. Before you strut your stuff in the heat of Summer be mindful of the weather before putting together an pulling out your favorite black pieces– for example wearing a black leather jacket to brunch on a sunny July afternoon in Miami would be a fashion fail! You want your outfit to be comfortable and breathable, like what I am wearing in the photo here.
6 ways to wear an All Black Outfit in Spring and Summer
- Avoid heavy fabrics like velvet, wool, leather! You do not want to be melting in your outfit. However, Leather jackets are still passable for spring and chilly summer nights when paired with lightweight tops and sandals.
- Make sure your top or bottom breathable, try pairing a black trouser with a black crop top or t-shirt
- Opt for all black accessories like sunglasses, shoes and a handbag
- Black tops like an off the shoulder top, a black dress with the back our or side cutouts are lightweight, breathable and the tops will look polished with jeans, shorts, and skirts.
- Mix in black patterns and prints with your top or bottoms. It keeps your look fairly monochromatic, but adds a bit of dimension to styling your solid black pieces
- Go Sheer, do not be afraid of see through fabrics, they were all over the runways this year. You could pair a black lace top with a black bra ( or camisole if that is too revealing for you) and black denim or black satin trousers– styling pieces this way will keep your look polished yet understated.